0

Inspiring Story #1

Posted by Maddy Pertiwi on 8:24 AM

When I accepted this job, I never knew that I will get a lot of... how do I put it. A lot of blessing. Blessed because I have an opportunity to finish my education until I earned my bachelor degree. Working in education institution who offered a scholarship, made me become a grateful person. Lots of stories I heard from the scholarship recipients or applicants. One of the story I want to share with you.

One day, my colleague received a phone call. It's from one of the applicants. Let's call her 'Ani'. She asked to my colleague that she can't provide electricity bill. Here's what they talked:

Ani: "Sir, I can't give you the electricity bill?"

Officer: "Are you live in rental room? That's okay. Just give us reference of how many you spent on rental room."

Ani: "No, Sir. I live in a house with my family."

Officer: "Do your family live in rental house and you share electricity bill? You can provide that to us."

Ani: "No, Sir. It's just... Since 6 months ago, PLN shut the electricity in our house because we can't afford to pay the bill. Every night we must use candle to have a light and to study."

After that, Ani cried. My friend went speechless and decided to shared this story to the whole team. I read it and I can't help to say "Alhamdulillah". I still have electricity in my house. I also can pay the bills, mine and my grandparents. I can study with lights on everyday until now. I can even use computer to support my study.

On the other hand, Ani is not as lucky as me or any other people. She's graduated from SMK 112 in North Jakarta. It's amazing how she can study without electricity for 6 months. She managed to graduate through final exam. During difficult times, she still has a spirit to continue to the next level of education, college. She applied for scholarship in Sampoerna School of Business (SSB).

Makes me more grateful with my condition. More aware with my surround. Never forget to say "Alhamdulillah" everytime I wake up in the morning.

Alhamdulillah...

Posted via email from Maddy Pertiwi


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Maddy's Place All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.