0

Kings Of Convenience,,, Perfect Concert To End My Week

Posted by Maddy Pertiwi on 9:54 AM in
On 28/3, I prepared myself to go to long-waited concert, Soundsation 2010 in Ritz Carlton Pacific Place Ballroom. I already bought the ticket since 28/1 and it's sold out in days! Thank God I bought it in the first day of sale hehehe. My friends Riri and Rino asked me to bought the ticket for them. So that Sunday, I watched the concert with my two friends hehehe. Special notes about Riri and Rino, they just met that day. Riri is my college friend (not to mention we share passion in gossips) while Rino is my friend in high school. Yet, we looked like a bunch of close friends hehehe. Lots of laugh that day while we queued with lots of ABG. Love those moments hehehe.

We entered Ballroom around 6 PM. After security check, we were gave sample CD from White Shoes & The Couples Company, free. Then we looked around. We were shocked!!! The line was so long. Since the organizer would open the gate at 6.30 so we decided to take a pee first. 5 minutes later, we started to line up. After waited about 45 minutes, finally we were in the Ballroom. Luckily, we have the middle spot. Not too close to the stage, but not too far either. Well, nice spot for me.

At 7.15 PM, there goes the first act, Hollywood Nobody. Band from Bandung that will release their album in 17/4 really warm up the crowd. Love their songs!!! They even covered "Love Song" from The Cure and played it on stage. Definitely will buy their album hehehe.

Second act, White Shoes and The Couples Company. They played songs from their upcoming album. Nice performance, especially with the moves from Sari the vocalist. She danced here and there with funny moves. Considering to buy their new album that will be released in April, too.

After about 30 minutes, Jens Lekman is on stage. This is the first time I ever heard Jens Lekman. First time heard it, I instantly fell in love. His songs,,, is like storytelling. Especially when he sang "Postcard From Nina". He literally talk to the audience through his song. Poor me, just know about him that night hehehe. Well, his songs soon will be in my playlist hehehe.

After Jens Lekman, it took nearly 45 minutes for Kings Of Convenience to perform. When the lights go out, the audience went crazy!! Including me hehehe. But wait, announcement from organizer that Eirik Glambek Boe was sick and possibly can't perform with Erlend Oye. Audience started to expressing our dissappointment. Then the announcement continued that Eirik will do his best to perform. When the duo came out, we started to scream like a bunch of teenagers meet favourite boyband HAHAHA. Eirik said that he spent the whole day in bed because of the fever. Erlend then said that he can't perform without Eirik. Then the duo started to play the guitars and... "24-25" was their first song!!!

Every songs they played, audience sing along too. Rino kept recorded their performance. It's been a long time since I acted crazy in a concert!!! I went wild when they played "Misread", my favourite song. Or, when they played "Mrs. Cold" and "Boat Behind". The duo asked Ricky and John from White Shoes to join them onstage. At first call, Ricky couldn't join them. So, John took the opportunity to take a picture with Erlend. We screamed so loud when Erlend posed in front of stage with audiences behind him, while Eirik take his picture. At second call, Ricky and John joined them. I was wondering when they will play "I'd Rather Dance With You" and.. they answered my pray!!! With the help of John and Ricky, they played that song and made me, and audience, dance like crazy!!!

Then they said goodbye and went backstage. The crowd start to screamed "WE WANT MORE!!!" all over again. 5 minutes later, Erlend came out, took his guitar, and sang "Bersandar" from White Shoes!!! He sang with a good Bahasa accent hehehe. Once again, we screamed so loud. Eirik came and the duo performed "Homesick". We sang once again. Erlend said thank you because Eirik gets better because of the crowd. They also said we are the loudest crowd they ever performed. Then finally the concert is over.

When we came out from the venue, suddenly Erlend came out from backstage and gave an autograph to lucky audiences who waited outside. Damn!!! I was late hehehe. He only came out not more than 10 minutes. Then he went to the backstage again.

My impression of this concert,,, WORTH IT!!! With IDR 350,000 I've got 4 performances and satisfied!!! For KOC, they sound like their albums!!! Everytime I closed my eyes while their singing, felt like I'm listening to their CD's. Thank you, Soundsation!!! It's a perfect way to end my hectic week. Thanks to Riri and Rino. We have a wonderful night hehehe. Hopefully we can have a great nighout together someday!!!

Posted via email from Maddy Pertiwi


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Maddy's Place All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.